Strong DF resist, PF block
- Custom fabricated from cast
- Defined plantar surface contours
- Full wrap-around inner shell
for control of foot position and alignment
- Fully integrated padding
- Extremely durable brace
for larger patients
- Stiff posterior of outer frame
provides strength and stability, blocking plantarflexion and dorsiflexion
- Despite overall high tone, lack consistent plantarflexion strength and collapses into crouched and severely pronated stance (often rocker-bottomed).
- Do not have the dorsiflexion range reflected in their stance when foot is corrected.
- Crouched stance can be improved by manually extending the knee.
- Weight and size due to maturity have exceeded patient’s strength, ambulation is decreasing.