About Fast Fit
Fast Fit products, both our shoe inserts and JumpStart braces, are an important part of our System of Bracing. In many cases, these pre-fabricated inserts and braces provide the best possible patient outcomes and are the preferred solution. Practitioners and parents find these products excellent for first time users; the thin, flexible plastic encouraging movement within good alignment.
- Stability in standing and walking. For early intervention, Fast Fit products provide a continuous progression from minimal to moderate levels of support.
- Very effective with small, pudgy feet. For children with small feet that are difficult to cast accurately, these thin, flexible braces are ideal.
- Easy to measure. Measure the size you need with a plastic foot sizing jig, our printable jig (on the web), or utilize our casting footplates.
- Medical plans cover them. Above-ankle Fast Fit products are covered by most medical plans.
- No casting needed. For a speedy solution without the complication of casting, Fast Fit products are the answer.
- A cost-effective alternative. For mild to moderate stability problems in children with fully correctable feet, Fast Fit products can be a cost-effective alternative to custom bracing.
Fast Fit Results
- Balanced foot alignment during weight bearing.
- Increased stability/skills in standing and walking.
- Increased voluntary control through improved plantar surface sensory input.
JumpStart Braces (a growing part of the Fast Fit family of products)
JumpStart braces use a precision-molded double shell (one nested inside the other) that provides both wrap-around control and extra heel stabilization. JumpStart products work well for patients with pronation, supination, inconsistent ankle modulation, and hyperextension.
- flexible and lightweight
- comfortable inner liner
- stable foundation (in blue and pink)
- slim enough to easily fit into most patients’ normal shoes
- standard 3.5º dorsiflexion angle
- on SMO and higher, straps are standard and attached; toe rise and instep pad by request when you order, at no extra charge
- posterior flare enhances comfort
JumpStart products are available in .25-in. (.64 cm) size increments from 4.00 in. (10.2 cm) to 9.00 in. (22.9 cm), and in two widths.